Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have yellow watery diarrhea and it has been happening for…

I have yellow watery...

I have yellow watery diarrhea and it has been happening for the past few days every time i eat with in an hour of eating should i go see the doctor or can it be treated at home and if so how

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had diarrhea? Have you used any medication for it?

5 days and no i havent taken any meds for it

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything else for this?

No just been waiting it out but its getting worse by the day it was just a little mushy but now it is watery and looks like it has grease in it or acid

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take a lot of midication im a diabetic i have fibromyalgia and intestinal problems like IBS with constipation

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr Rubio
welcome a JA and thank you for your question.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer

Does diarrhea smell bad?
have you had a fever or abdominal pain?
have you felt weak?
Have you changed his diet recently?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
it smells bad no fever yes abdominal pain on left side no weakness and no diet change
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Are you still there i am deaf and cant talk on the phone

Dear *****ient, because of the symptoms that you mention, this type of diarrhea is caused by hyper-secretory diarrhea. This type of diarrhea is caused by viral contamination due to the ingestion of contaminated food or water. You should not be alarmed by the following treatment that I am going to indicate, it should improve in 24 hours, but if it does not improve you should go to the emergency room.
You must start with a restorer of the bacterial flora for this you must take FLorestar capsules every 12 hours for 5 days. In addition, you must drink plenty of liquid preferably water or Pedialyte, avoid drinking juices or drinks with high sugar content as it worsens diarrhea.
You will also take HIdrasec capsules every 12 hours for 3 days to help absorb the water.
all of these medications are over-the-counter
You have to avoid eating foods with a lot of fat and coloring, I suggest creams with just a little salt, or grilled foods.

Do you have any question?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I dont eat food with a lot of fat as it messes with mu gerd and i really dont feel sick i only drink bottled water and cook my own meals so i really dont think its contamination related is there anything else it could be im not trying to question you advice just letting you know as a germ a fobe i try and make sure nothing contaminated get any where near me i dont even leave my house unless i have too
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hi I'm Dr Chip

You asked for a different expert

How can I help you with this?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had diarrhea? Have you used any medication for it?

5 days and no i haventtaken any meds for it

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything else for this?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take a lot of midication im a diabetic i have fibromyalgia and intestinal problems like IBS with constipation and gerd

Yes I saw that and what the other expert told you

But did you need more information about this?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I just dont think its contamination i was wondering if there was anything else it could be

Well I wouldn't call it contamination from water or food but most likely it's a viral gastroenteritis and you don't have to ingest contaminated food or water to get that

Usually that runs its course in a week or so and I suggest oral probiotics and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day

The other possibility would be your IBS but with diarrhea rather than constipation this time

Lastly it could be from your diabetic medication

But for now it isn't serious and there's no need for the ER

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok that sound more likely thank you for your help

My pleasure and call on me anytime