Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I seem to be having the strong urge to urinate right after…

Hello, I seem to...

Hello, I seem to be having the strong urge to urinate right after I'm done urinating. When I go back, globs of semen come out and then I'm done. This happens about once a month. What is going on?!

Doctor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

No medication and no other symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this?

No

6/20/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.

I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you

How old are you? Do you have difficulty in passing urine? Any burning, discharge, urinary frequency? painful ejaculation?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I'm 42. No difficulty passing urine, no burning or discharge and no urinary frequency.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Also no painful ejaculation
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Also, this has been going on for approximately 18 months

Thanks for the information.

This kind of presentation can be seen in prostate inflammation. This is not a urinary infection, I would focus on prostate issue. You can visit your doctor to evaluate it further. Your doctor can run some tests including ultrasound to get further details.

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.

take care

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
This does not sound like an STD, correct?

No, it is not STDs.

Most likely prostatitis.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you so much Dr. I really appreciate it!!

You are welcome!

Thanks for visiting justanswer.

Now you can leave a positive rating by selecting 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Absolutely!