Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My scrotum is red and burns a little. It started about

My scrotum is red...

My scrotum is red and burns a little.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the redness? Have you used any medication for it?

It started about 3weeks ago. I used gold Bond and it got much better and went away. I stopped using it for 2 days and it's back

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the redness?

I have an appointment Friday. Was just wondering what it is

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm allergic to caffine

6/20/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hello I'm Dr Chip
I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in just a moment

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok

Got it--thanks

That's basically jock itch--a fungal infection

Nothing to do with hygiene--can just happen

You can use over the counter topical clotrimazole cream twice a day for two weeks to clear it up

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Omg. Thank you doc. You just helped me with the anxiety until I see my GP. Thank you.

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)