Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My boyfriend k. *is experiencing severe chest pain that

Hi, my boyfriend k ...

Hi, my boyfriend k

Doctor's Assistant: What are your boyfriend's symptoms? Has he used any medication for this?

*is experiencing severe chest pain that comes and goes for moments at a time, maybe a minute or 30secs at a time, and he describes it as feeling like his chest is on fire while he inhales, but feels cold as he exhales. He also has difficulty breathing while his chest is in pain, and as soon as the pain subsides and breathing becomes easier, he feels very weak immediately after. He's been feeling this for the past few days; it all began with what we assumed was a panic attack. That was when the pain and difficulty breathing began, only the first time, it was so severe that he momentarily (about 2 or 3 secs) passed out. Was just really looking for some help dealing with symptoms in the desperate hope that a hospital visit isn't necessary.

Doctor's Assistant: Has he seen a doctor about the pain?

No, he's very apprehensive about medication but i made him take an asprin about 2, 2.5 hrs ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?

He does have an unusual knot on the back of his head, near the top of his neck, that used to give him throbbing, painful headaches

6/19/2018
Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Dear customerWhat is his age?
Did you have any test?
Did you consult a doctor yet?
Is he taking any drugs?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
He's 23, we haven't seen a doctor because we can't afford to, he hasn't had any tests or taken anything for it.
Dear customerAs per his symptoms and age, the chances if anxiety and panic attacks may be there with which he might suffer from.You should get a psychiatric consultation and drugs like SSRI and imipramine are helpful in controlling such symptoms.The behavior therapy and psychotherapy is also effective sometimes.The family support is equally important.Let me know if you have any doubt
Please rate me positive if you are satisfied with my serviceThank you
Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)