Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

About 6 months ago I had a cold / felt under the

Hi! About 6...

Hi! About 6 months ago I had a cold / felt under the weather...got better in a couple of days but my bowels completely changed! I always used to have large smooth ones and suddenly they are like little rabbit poops. I don’t have to strain really but it’s a completely different thing?!? I have a plant based diet and added probiotics to see if that would help...no change. Once in awhile it will go back for 1 movement. (Or sometimes half a movement- ha) and I can’t identify what might have been different about my diet in the day prior. Any ideas how to get back to my old self?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

Nope

6/16/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you. I am convinced I just need to do a little something and it will be back on track
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No thanks

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Is the passage of stool painful?

3. Are there any blood streaks over the stool?

4. In these past 6 months are there alternating constipation and diarrhea?

5. How is your appetite and have you lost weight in these past 6 months?

6. How much water do you consume per day?

7. How much milk do you consume per day?

8. Is your diet predominantly vegetarian or non-vegetarian?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Female 51
No pain
No blood
No constipation or diarrhea
No
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No change in diet or weight loss or gain
Several glasses not sure how much water
I do not drink milk or consume any dairy
I am mostly vegan occasionally eat fish
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I feel fine it’s just that overnight the consistency of the waste material itself Changed

Hi...thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

Suggestions:

1. Natural methods are the best to relieve constipation.

2. Maximum milk consumption per day should not exceed 300-400ml

3. Minimum 3-4 cups of fruits and vegetables to be consumed per day (especially papaya whole fruit which is the best natural laxative).

4. Minimum 4 liters of water per day consumption please.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I’m not constpiated - frequency and amount are really unchanged

Hi...sorry for the wrong word, what I meant was that to increase the fiber so that the stool will be large smooth ones.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I am vegan I eat a ton of fruits and veggies. I will try some papaya. This wasn’t a gradual shift. My whole life large - the next day small and pebble like
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you
I understand...but as there's no change in appetite and weight loss... there's nothing serious going on..So I suggest you try the natural methods and diet changes and see please.Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you again
Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)