Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

After his PET scan (which involves sugar and traces of

radiation) how can he clean...
After his PET scan (which involves sugar and traces of radiation) how can he clean out his body afterwards, when he drunk the "solution" he really felt it hit his jaw...that is where it started. He is getting the scan now. I am a naturopathic person myself so I WILL understand detail stuff, so we are cleaning out with chlorella,spirluna, mms, cruciferious veggies lots of water, I dont want this PET crap to jumpstart any cell activity!
6/14/2018
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am a cancer doctor who orders pet scans often

the radioactive FDG glucose is injected into the veins

and there usually is no oral contrast given for the PET/CT scan.

having him drink plenty of water and fluids and urinate frequently is the best way to help clear out the radioactive tracer as it is cleared out of his system through his kidneys.

his kidneys and bladder will normally light up bright on PET scan because this is how the body clears the FDG racioactive glucose out of his body

let me know if you have questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Dr. David, I do appreciate you answer, however, do you believe in homeopathy? And He did take it in a oral contrast..the contrast that was in the syringe was injected into the liquid (sugary drink) which BOTHERS ME TO NO END!! 10CC into a 16.9 oz bottle of any su***** *****quid of his choosing. I have been using herbals and homeopathic solutions through the whole process. I am a believer the natural and western can work together and cure many things.

I am from the east and did medical school in USA so I can understand where you are coming from.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15937685

some facilities will give oral iodine contrast to light up the bowels to make them easier to see on the CT scan portion of the scan

but the FDG radioactive glucose is given through the veins and excreted through the urinary system

they should have given him instructions to drink more fluids and water and urinate more frequently the day of the scan to get rid of the radioactive FDG sugar out of his system

which will get out of his system within a day of the scan.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)