Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I think I have folliculitis we just filled up a wooden hot…

I think I have...

I think I have folliculitis we just filled up a wooden hot tub which hasn't been ran in 10 years we were in it for probably 3 hours last night my boyfriend got out with that itchy rash I do have a puncture wound on my hand from a puppy for my puppy and now I have blisters all between my fingers on that same hand .It is throbbing and burning, extremely tender to the touch, no fever no nausea no vomiting

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

3-4 days for me mine is mainly pain and swelling.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have chronic pancreatitis but haven't had a flare-up in 8 years. My boyfriend is extremely itchy he has rash between his scrotum under his armpit and now on his hands or wonder if we should get antibiotics were supposed to be going to the Bahamas first thing in the morning for 10 days

6/3/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr Rubio
welcome a JA and thank you for your question.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer

can you send me a picture of the injuries?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
where do I send them

In the window where you are typing there are some icons that allow you to attach the image.

can you?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I sent them

They're still missing, let's wait a moment.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I live up in the mountains so our internet connection is pretty slow as well as any reception

The image just came in. May I have a moment while I evaluate it?

Dear friend, in this case it is indeed a superficial skin infection and should not be alarmed as it is initial so the topical treatment will be very useful.
I suggest at the moment to use over-the-counter antibiotic creams such as Neosporin cream to apply every 8 hours on the lesions if in 24 hours notice no improvement in symptoms should come to the doctor's office to indicate treatment with oral antibiotics.
But it's a superficial infection that needs to be treated soon as it's in its early stages.

Do you have any question?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
do you think it is from the hot tub bacteria
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
thank you very much for taking the time I'm glad it's nothing serious can I go in the ocean

Yeah, it's most likely since that's where the injury occurred,

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Can we swim in the ocean and swim with the dolphins

Yes, you can go but allow your hand to recover with the treatment I suggested.

at least 48 hours

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you again enjoy your summer

You're welcome

I hope this information will be helpful.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas