Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I was taking Flonase for 3 weeks, and on the 3rd week I

Hi I was taking...

Hi I was taking Flonase for 3 weeks, and on the 3rd week I started feeling super jittery, have no appetite, and can’t sleep at night. What can I do to flush the Flonase out of my system?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Jittery, anxious, no appetite, and I’m having trouble falling asleep.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

It’s been about a week now. I’ve noticed that going for a walk and after eating eases the symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I was just using the Flonase to help with some congestion

5/21/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr Rubio
welcome a JA and thank you for your question.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer

Dear *****ient, these are indeed side effects of prolonged phonase intake, these symptoms may take up to 2 weeks to disappear,
In order to disappear, the body must filter these metabolites, for this purpose it is necessary to activate and put the kidney into operation, since they are excreted by these means, for this purpose it must force the diuresis in a natural way with an increase in the intake of liquids of at least 4 litres per day.
You must perform physical activities that incriminate the body's metabolism activity such as jogging, cycling as it generates sweat and this increases the metabolism and purifies the active principle of the medicine faster.
at the moment no other medication can be indicated to speed up this process as it must be under medical supervision.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the instructions I will do that. I just want to be sure these symptoms are temporary and I didn’t mess up my body forever.

Yes, you should not be alarmed but you must be patient, I assure you that these symptoms will disappear if you follow my recommendations.

I hope this information will be helpful.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you know if there any vitamins i could take to ease the anxiety/jitteriness?

I suggest you take natural sedatives, vitamins can worsen these symptoms, I suggest starting valerian in capsules every 8 hours, they are very effective and do not produce sleep.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thank you!

You're welcome

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Dr. Villegas today is the 8th day off Flonase, and I have been feeling a little better each day. However, today I had a weird feeling of agitation and energy that scared me. Could this be steroid induced mania? I’m so scared.

hello dear *****ient, if it can indeed be generated by the steroid but should not alarm you are symptoms that may occur.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What? That didn’t make sense. I also woke up this morning shaking and I threw up after eating. When will these affects stop?

If the symptoms get worse, you have to stop.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Stop what? I have not been taking Flonase anymore. Today is the 9th day of not taking it and I am still having side effects from it.

Sorry, I understood you were still taking it. as I reiterate these symptoms may take up to two weeks to disappear. You should be calm and keep your hydration down as suggested

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay I will continue to do so.