Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a 7 year old son with the flu. He has a slight fever…

I have a 7...

I have a 7 year old son with the flu. He has a slight fever and just threw up twice. What is the best liquid to give him to try to keep him hydrated that he might be less likely to throw up? I have some coconut water...

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

He just got sick mid-morning here (it is 10:18am here in Minneapolis, MN). He doesn't really have any congestion right now. He always seems to have morning nasal congestion all the time. We eat mostly organic, but he is exposed to junk food several times a week when he and his Dad go to Hockey games/practices.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really. Besides his constant nasal congestion in the mornings. He did have all his vaccinations until he turned 6 (he's soon to be 8 in July). Then I stopped the vaccines and he will not have any more.

5/20/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How is stool? urine?

Did you give any medicine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He had a normal stool this morning and seemed fine before he left for hockey, but threw up twice at the arena.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not given him any medicine

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
Vomiting can be due to a few causes.
Common causes are indigestion, gastrointestinal infection.
Sometimes other infections like urinary can also cause vomiting.
You can wait & watch.
Please give oral rehydration solution like pedialyte.
You can give it in sips.
In this way he can tolerate fluid & prevent dehydration.
In small kids, anti emetic or vomiting medicines are usually not advised without an examination.
You can give him ginger ale, popsicle.
Those can help.
Please check urine out put.
If it decreases, it would indicate dehydration.
For fever, you can give Tylenol.
If the vomiting continues, please get him an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.
.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was hoping for Homeopathic advice, not mainstream medical advice with Tylenol or Pedialyte which have sugar and chemicals. My question was would Coconut Water or some more natural hydrating solution work? I was hoping to give him something that wouldn't make him throw up again.

Yes, you can give him coconut water.
There are minerals in it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, thank you

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
You can see the rating button on the upper left corner.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish him healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)