Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I’m trying to figure out if I have a pinched nerve or

Hello.. I’m trying to...

Hello.. I’m trying to figure out if I have a pinched nerve or golfers elbow.. currently my pointer finger is cold and tingly. When the injury first happened I was getting what felt like electrical shocks from my wrist up my forearm. I’m assuming my median nerve might be compressed

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No, just pain from my wrist to neck

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/18/2018
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I am so sorry to hear about your symptoms of tingling & cold feeling in arm.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have these symptoms?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having cold feeling & tingling sensation in pointer finger is most likely due to a condition called carpal tunnel syndrome.

The carpal tunnel is a narrow tunnel formed by the bones and other tissues of your wrist. This tunnel protects your median nerve.Any condition that causes swelling or a change in position of the tissue within the carpal tunnel can squeeze and irritate the median nerve. The compression of the median nerve causes tingling & cold feeling.

Following is recommended for you:

1. You need nerve conduction velocity test & electromyogram (EMG) for confirmation.
  2. Take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.
  3. Give rest to the affected arm.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 day ago
34/Male and for about a year now. I am a tattoo artist.. and I usually tattoo for about 6 hours and then draw at home for about 2-3 hours a night. I feel tightness in my neck on the same side. The inside of my elbow hurts. Along with my radial muscle. Close to the elbow

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,your symptoms are characteristic for the median nerve entrapment.

Following is recommended for you:

3. Give rest to the affected arm.

As you are tattoo artist- this working continously for 6-10 hours has most probably put extra pressure & hence these symptoms.

If still after the above treatments,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance

I am online & waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor