Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

51 years old. I want to start working out and getting into…

51 years old. I want...
51 years old. I want to start working out and getting into good physical shape. I’m 6’ and weigh 215 lbs. I typically weigh 185-195. Average build. First time I’ve ever felt fat. Not so much I want to lose the weight, but really feel the need to ‘get in shape ‘ looking for some direction.
5/17/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi... Upper limit or normal body mass index is 25. Your BMI is exactly 25.963, which is not very high and you just fall into the over weight category.

You just require regular walking or hiking if you do not have any other contraindication.

This will keep you fit.

But if getting into shape this your goal, then I suggest getting yourself into a gym under the guidance of professional trainer who will do an excellent job in getting you into shape.

I do not think any dietary restriction is required at this particular point of time for your BMI.

At the same time as a professional I do not see any reason why you should feel yourself as overweight because you are just into that category and not even in the middle limit of our weight category.

"If you need more help, please reply to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, your 5-star rating (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort) at this time is greatly appreciated".

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)
Customer reply replied 1 day ago
Thank you!
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)