Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I’ve have a clockwork menustral cycle my entire life. This…

Hi, I’ve have a...

Hi, I’ve have a clockwork menustral cycle my entire life. This month it hasn’t showed up at all and I KNOW I’m not pregnant. It’s driving me crazy. It makes me think something is seriously wrong. What should I do?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The only medical issue I have is anemia/ beta thal.

Answered in 1 hour by:
5/16/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?

Did you have any recent illness?

Do you feel any other symptom?

Customer reply replied 6 days ago
I turned 35 2 weeks ago. No recent illness. I had/have all the usual PMS symptoms like cramping, bloating, irritability... just haven’t gotten my cycle.

Thank you for the input.
I understand your anxiety.
Pregnancy is a common cause for missed period but you are not.
There can be other causes for missing the period.
Anemia can be a factor.
Anxiety, stress can delay the period.
Hormonal changes, an illness, infection can cause it.
Though your cycle is regular, sometimes, it can be delayed without any major underlying issue.
You can wait and watch now.
If the period does not come in next month, then you can consult doctor for tests to know the precise cause.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
You can see the rating button on the upper left corner.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)