Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had a small pimple like bump pop up on my right lip of my…

I had a small...

I had a small pimple like bump pop up on my right lip of my vagina. Over the past few weeks it has grown more irritated. But over the past few days it has vastly expanded in size and is very painful and my whole right side of my panty line and lip is throbbing and in pain.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Well when it was small it just felt sensitive like a normal zit but over the past 2 days it's very painful on my entire right side of my vagina even going as far up to the top of my pubic line. Im not sure what seems to make it worse but today it hurt just to walk

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so. I've had several large bumps pop up in my thigh region and panty line since I had my child. I've never been over weight until my pregnancy and the large bumps started to appear about 3 months ago.

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/15/2018
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

History of shaving?

Excessive sweating?

Itching?

History of unprotected sex?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 4 days ago
Im 35
Haven't shaved in awhile. Trimmed with a shaver a few weeks ago but the bump was already there
I have been sweating more since the weight gain as a result of my pregnancy
No itching just pain
No sex in a long time
Medication phentermine and trazadone

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds an infected sebaceous cyst.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do warm water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
And afterward, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment twice a day.
Clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterward.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.
RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

Start a multivitamin supplement.

See your gynecologist for prescription of antibiotics.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 4 days ago
I need to go to a Dr to get the prescription for the cream?

You can get all these ointments over the counter from a drug store.

If your symptoms will persist then you need to see your doctor for a prescription for oral antibiotics.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Customer reply replied 4 days ago
Ok last question I think.
What is a sitz bath?
And what is Betadine solution?
Customer reply replied 4 days ago
I just saw the links. Hopefully I can find some of this and get relief. It's so painful

A sitz bath is a type of bath in which buttocks are soaked for 5 -10 minutes.

Betadine solution is an antiseptic solution.

Take over the counter Motrin and Claritin.

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)