Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My current vitals from an at home Omron blood pressure

monitor and my o2 sensoron...
My current vitals from an at home Omron blood pressure monitor and my o2 sensoron mu Samsung galaxy s9 my bp was 117/70 68bpm 96% O2. Now i get my vitals are spot on healthy, but my anxiety is through the roof. I have taken 10 mg buspar once around 10am and again at 9pm. 50 mg of sertraline at about 2pm. .5 mg klonopin at 12pm and .25 (half a .5 tab) at 4pm. For the majority of the day my heart rate has been around 100 and my bp fluctuated between 117/70 - 130/81. I've had every work up you can imagine echocardiograms stress tests ekgs and everything is normal and I still have this unhealthy fear of dying from a heart attack. The thing that worries me today is normally when the anxiety gets real bad one .5 mg pill of klonopin can cure me for the day. By the way I only take the klonopin maybe once a week more often once every couple weeks. But this panic won't go away. Should I go to the hospital? What if this is the one time I dont check that something goes wrong. By the way o did take a road trip on Wednesday I drove 12 hrs straight took care of some family stuff on Thursday and deobw back Friday 12 hrs straight. All day Saturday and today (sunday) I cant get rid of my anxiety.
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
By the way I'm 6'0" and weigh 240lbs
5/14/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask what is your age and gender?
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
37 male
Thank you for the additional information, let me write down an answer and I will get back to you in a few mins
Actually from what you are describing it sounds like that all fo these symptoms are due to anxiety rather than any heart issue. At your age it is extremely unlikely that you will develop a heart disease, secondly you have gotten several cardiac tests done which have all been clear and that also points towards the fact that you don't have any hear disease. If there was even a trace of blockage in your arteries of the heart then it should have shown up on the stress test. Since it has not that means that you don't have heart disease.
Now the anxiety that you have can be controlled with medications other than klonopin as well and if it is nit being controlled then it needs to be managed with the help of different medications. Ideally on Buspar and sertaline you should not have these symptoms and if you are then either rthe dose needs to be increased or the drug needs to be changed.
Secondly I would suggest that you start with cognitive behavioral therapy which works wonders in many patients it can even prevent worsening of the anxiety as well as reducing the dose of medications.
Right now you don't need to go to the hospital as heart disease does not develop this quickly and given the exertion that you underwent over the weekend it is understandable that youranxoety would flare up. I would suggest either adding escitalopram to the regimen or replacing sertaline with it along with cognitive behavioral therapy.
Do you have anymore questions?
Please remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated for helping you today
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
Would it be too much if I took another klonopin to get me through the night? Logic tells me I should be fine but when having a panic attack rationality doesn't work. If it matters I just switched to buspar about 3 weeks ago and I just started sertraline about 5 days ago.
Then you should continue with these two drugs for another 3 weeks before considering a change. Secondly yes you can use another dose of klonopin today.
Do you have anymore questions?
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
No more questions, thank you for your time.

You are welcome.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)