Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I was hit at close range on the top left side of my head on…

I was hit at...

I was hit at close range on the top left side of my head on Friday, 05/11/2018. Now, 40 plus hours later, (Sunday, 05/13/2018) I'm experiencing headache, nausea, dizziness, and extremely off balance (equilibrium). Could I have a concussion and should I go to the RE room or urgent care?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Both episodic

5/13/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Given your symptoms and the severity of them, I would STRONGLY suggest that you go to the ER and get a CT scan of the brain done. While this is likely to be a severe concussion, it can be a subacute subdural hematoma in the brain, which is bleeding outside the brain(between the skull and the brain) which could be causing compression of the brain itself.

This is why it is extremely important to head to the ER and get a CT scan of the brain done. This is likely a severe concussion however a bleed NEEDS to be ruled out as soon as possible.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)