Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I recently went to the doctor for a suspected UTI, was given…

I recently went to...

I recently went to the doctor for a suspected UTI, was given antibiotics and they sent it out for culture. I just got my results back and I’m a little concerned about what they mean.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Loss of appetite, fatigue. Was having painful frequent urination but that has improved since starting antibiotics

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Protein-PROCT 500mg/dL

5/11/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
Would you please upload you complete report?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
I’ll try to upload them now.
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
I’m extremely concerned about the results and am kind of panicking. So I was looking for some sort of answer as to what they mean until I can call my PCP tomorrow.

Do you feel any symptom now?

How many days did you take antibiotic?

Thank you for the input.

I checked your urine report.
I understand your concern.
Urine protein level is a bit high.
Other levels are also out of normal range.
This report indicates infection.
As you are taking antibiotic, I hope infection will be cleared.
Doctor can take a check test after finishing the course of antibiotic.
You should not worry.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Thank you so much. I’m so scared of kidney disease/failure or diabetes. But does this report seem like it could be a result of the UTI? I know you can only tell me so much but is elevated protein typical of UTI?

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
UTI can cause protein to pass in urine from inflammation.
It does not necessarily mean kidney disease or failure or diabetes.
A repeat test can be taken after treatment is complete.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
You can see the rating button on the upper left corner.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)