Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Oh lord doc I'm in a bad place again..ok remember we

Hi doc...oh lord doc I'm...
Hi doc...oh lord doc I'm in a bad place again..ok remember we increased to 300 effexor 16 days ago...well I saw the psyc 5 days later and I wasn't great..he said definitely need an anti depressant from now on. he also increased lithium to 1,400..it made me very sleepy for first week...I've had no response to the increase in effexor doc...definitely worse in last few days..I'm drugged up and disoriented... Feel unstable on my feet at times wobbley and sick in my stomach..I have little interest in anything... Even watching TV In the evening I can't be bothered...worked today and it was so hard to get through... Don't know what's happening.. Just feel like complete shit
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/10/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hi friend

What all did the psych say to you?

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I see him again this Saturday doc..I don't know why the anti d hasn't kicked in yet..its usually 10days now its 16 days...he said that if this doesn't work he will have to do a combination of anti depressants..Jesus only knows what I'm going to go through now..I feel I've taken a great step forward and watched it unravel beneath my eyes..I feel like this is a disaster now..why didn't this work doc? Could the effexor kick in yet or has it and thsts why I'm drugged... I'm so disappointed

So how long have you been on the increased dose?

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
16 days effexor 300 and 13 days lithium 1,400 up 200mg..

I think it's still not enough time for the effexor and the lithium to kick in Peter

I realize how much hell you're going through right now buddy

Just hang on until Saturday until you can see the psych

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Ok doc ..I'll do that..I really hope it works...I'll let you know what happens on Saturday doc..thanks for being here my friend and giving me hope

Always Peter

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)