Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had a headache for two days and medication has not…

I have had a...

I have had a headache for two days and medication has not helped. Neck pain too. I decided to take my blood pressure and the first reading was 157/97, I rested and took it again on the opposite arm and it was 153/94. Should I be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

The headache has been ongoing for the last two days, including when I awaken at night to let my dogs out. I’ve take Tylenol one day and ibuprofen today. I normally take one pill (I take less than a normal dosage and it works for me). No nausea.

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/10/2018
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you take any anti-hypertensive medications on a daily basis?

Dizziness?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
57, not on medications, slightly dizzy at times.
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Are you still there?

Yes, I'm here.

Please allow me just few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon.
Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, your current headache is associated either with Hypertension( high blood pressure) or Cervical spondylosis(a cervicogenic headache and pain in the neck).

Now, I would recommend taking OTC Aspirin.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Limit your salt intake.

Do deep breathing.

Do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and warm compresses on the back of the neck.

Take proper rest.

Take OTC Meclizine for dizziness.

And see your doctor for a clinical examination and if required your doctor may prescribe a low dose of anti-hypertensive medications to treat high blood pressure.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
My physician probably cannot see me right away. Should I wait till next week or go to ER?

Thanks for the follow-up.

You try such measures initially and see a doctor in an ER for further management.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
I just dry heaved. Ever since I had surgery for acid reflux I cannot throw up. Only dry heaving.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Take Over the counter Liquid Emetrol/ Zantac/ Meclizine.

Hope this helps.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Thank you!

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)