Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My ear is been bothering me, it’s like someone is sticking…

My ear is been...

My ear is been bothering me, it’s like someone is sticking the finger in my ear and it won’t stop. How can I get rid of it?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

I think I had allergy. It’s been like this for days maybe a week.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I know of, this has never happened to me before.

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/9/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.

I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Was there any head and neck infection like flu/cold, viral recently? Do you have pain when you touch or move your ear? Any nausea, fever, dizziness?

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
None, only my throat has been hurting. Other then that it’s just like it feels like my ear needs to pop. But sometimes it feels like it’s numb around the ear to the side of my face.

Thanks for the information.

This popping feeling is very common in Eustachian tube congestion. It's just like the tube is inflamed and unable to drain properly. Most of the time, the cause is ongoing infection, also supported in your case by throat discomfort and infection. Many people tend to recover from it as your body get rid of infection. If you haven't tried any meds, then it's better to use OTC decongestant and see if your feel better. Taking steam inhalation at home is also very helpful to release the blockage. Sometimes, when it does not recover, then secondary bacterial infection is suspected that is when we use antibiotics to get rid of these symptoms. Give it a few days and and use OTC meds and see how you respond to it.

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.

Please leave a positive rating by selecting 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Did you get my answer? Please let me know if you have any follow-up question for me.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Thank you I’ll give those a try. Also is it ok to put drops of peroxide in my ear?

No, that will not help with eustachian tube congestion.

Take decongestant, you will be fine.

Thanks for visiting justanswer.

Now you can leave a positive rating by selecting 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

Take care

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor