Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have been dealing with upper abdominal pain random times,

left, right and center. Not...
I have been dealing with upper abdominal pain random times, left, right and center. Not always all but tends to start in one place, for example on my left side under my ribs, then it will also be just below my sternum. An endoscopy, ultrasound and hida scan all came back normal minus gastritis. I am beginning to think this might be severe gas pains. The pains are severe most times I get them. For the last couple days I have been using simethicone and antacids and I think it might be helping to relieve the pains rather than doing nothing. My questions is, this would indicate I am swallowing an excess amount of air... is it harmful to take simethicone every couple hours to try and prevent the pains?
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/8/2018
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Is your bowel movements normal?

Does your pain subside after taking simethicone ?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described are suggestive of gastric trouble.To prevent gas avoid taking fried,spicy,salty,chilly food items.Stop taking all those things that irritate your stomach or cause your symptoms to flare up.

Don't talk and chew at the same time. This causes you to swallow air, which may cause gas.Chew food slowly and eat smaller meals.

The usual dosage of simethicone is 60 to 125 milligrams (mg) four times a day, after meals and at bedtime. The dose should not be more than 500 mg in twenty-four hours.The medication is in the antiflatulent class of drugs. It will help you greatly.

Also avoid smoking & alcohol consumption.

Many healthful high-fiber foods like beans, broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts cause gas, so introduce them into your diet slowly.Avoid carbonated beverages, chewing gum, highly spiced foods, and too many sweets.

All this will help you greatly.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Thank you for your thorough response.
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor