Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My uvula is swollen no pain but touching back of my tongue.

My uvula is swollen...

My uvula is swollen no pain but touching back of my tongue. Just the tip of the uvula there's yellow dark spots. Is this really bad?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I just been eating ice I feel no pain but my uvula just looks longer touching my tongue. It was 2 days ago rite before having a really drunk night

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Just that night i drank I also smoked marijuana

5/8/2018
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Associated sore throat, phlegm at the back of the throat?

Please upload a picture to review.

Any other medical history?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
28 yrs
No history meds

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your pictures.

Well as you describe, your Uvula could be irritated due to alcohol and marijuana and result in swelling.

Now, you should do oral betadine gargles.

Also, take OTC Zantac, Motrin, and Claritin.

Apply OTC Orajel on the affected area.

And continue sucking ice cubes.

You take a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.

Eat soft foods.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Avoid spicy, very hot food and beverages.

If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)