Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My daughter is obviously passing kidney stones but my

My daughter is obviously...

My daughter is obviously passing kidney stones but my question is.. today she has started getting chills. She checked her temp and it was only 97.8. But within the last 2 hours it has increased to 100.8. Should shego to the ER?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No dr. yet. Hasn't seen a dr in 5 yrs so they dont consider her a patient anymore. She was taking advil and the pain meds specifically for urinary tract bought over the counter. Her pain is getting worse

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Nothing but birth control pills. No allergies that are known

5/7/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Ok thank you

How old is your daughter?

Has she had kidney stones before? Does she have any kidney issues?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Ok thank you
She is 22 and never had them before. No kidney issues before

Is she still passing urine?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
she is still passing urine

I think you should take her to the ER. The fever may be a sign of a kidney infection caused by stones. This may require further work-up and possibly IV antibiotics to help clear up. The pain may also be from something else so it will be important to be fully evaluated by a physician soon. I hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
she is still passing urine
Is it normal to have some blood in urine and a "tissue" like substance?

That could be a sign of a kidney stone but also could indicate a kidney infection. Because of that, I think you should have her see a physician today.

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
she is still passing urine
Thank you for the advice. You've been very helpful

My pleasure. Good luck!

Dr. A
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD