Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My husband's Dr gave him 3-6 months due to high liver level.

My husband's Dr gave...

My husband's Dr gave him 3-6 months due to high liver level. He is a recovering IV drug user. What can be done to help

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Pins and needles in his torso and he says he feels like he's wearing a band around his tummy

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

His mother has Diabetes

5/7/2018
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how high are his liver enzymes?

has he been tested for hepatitis?

I hope he has stopped using IV drugs.

he should not be drinking alcohol or using acetamenophen or tylenol products.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
400-600. He hasn't been tested for Hepatitis but being a past IV drug user he's probably positive for it
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
The 3-6 month estimate is alarming. He was never even given any options for lowering these numbers I'm being treated just basically given a death sentence is this accurate

does he have health insurance?

he should see a hepatologist or GI specialist

and get testing. he may have hepatitis.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
That's treatable right? The 3-6 month estimate how accurate is that. He has insurance

that is good he has health insurance.

I can't see your husband or estimate how long he has to live

he hasn't even been tested for hepatitis yet.

I don't know if he is still using drugs or drinking alcohol

or his other health issues.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Ok thanks. He's sober from all substances but for several months only. Hopefully we'll get this resolved. Thank you

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)