Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I've got hot burning in my left front leg above knee it was…

I've got hot burning...

I've got hot burning in my left front leg above knee it was lower a few days ago with a little swelling. It's warm to touch

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Nothing and a little bit where it hurted before on my calf but now higher

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

History of PE, on blood thinners, extreme anxiety

5/6/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr Rubio
welcome a JA and thank you for your question.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer

How old are you?

How long do you have with this symptoms?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
35 about a week

Dear *****ients, because of the symptoms of a pathology of the spine, we have to rule it out.
Alterations in the sensitivity of the lower limbs have the main cause of lumbar spine problems.
In the lumbar spine are born the nerves that go to the lower limb. when these are compressed or pinched as a result of muscle contracture, spinal disc injury or spinal instability.
these pinchings generate what are known as nerve irritation neuropathies, which generate alterations in nerve conduction.
In your case, I suggest a physical examination of the limb where a spinal MRI and an electromyogram may be suggested to define the cause.
The treatment consists of muscular strengthening of the spine which generates stability and improves the spine. in some cases, a neuromodulator such as pregabalin is suggested to improve the irritated nerve

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor (MD)