Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am about five months post partum with my second child.

Hi, I am about five months...
I am about five months post partum with my second child. Just last night, I started having weird contraction like pains in my upper stomach. The pain only lasts for around 20 seconds, but intensifies from start to finish. It occurs probably 3-4 times an hour. I’ve never had any health issues, or any complications. The only thing I have is Mirena IUD which I’ve not had any issues with either. No bloating, no gas, no vomiting. Any ideas on what this is? Or should I seek medical attention?
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/5/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Where do you feel the pain exactly in upper abdomen?

Is there any tenderness in that area?

How is urine?

Did you take any medicine?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
It is not tender to the touch, urine is clear, and I have not taken any type of medicine.
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
The pain is one hand width below my breast.

Is it on the left or right side? or in the middle?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
It’s direbtly in the middle when it starts and it extends to both sides

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The pain can come from a few conditions.
There can be gastritis, ulcer, reflux.
Pancreatitis or gall bladder disorders can be there.
You can take Zantac or Nexium for a few days.
Antacid can be taken too.
If you do not find relief, I would advise to get an examination by doctor.
Doctor can take a few tests like ultrasound, blood work etc.
Please take bland soft diet.
Avoid spicy food.
Avoid tea, coffee, smoking, alcohol, if you take any.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
You can see the rating button on the upper left corner.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)