Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I’m really sick and nauseous because I forgot to take my…

I’m really sick and...

I’m really sick and nauseous because I forgot to take my depression Medicine today. I took it right away when I got home at 8;50pm and threw up 10 minutes later. Should I re take the meds so they are in my system?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

This happens frequently when I forget to take the medicine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I just saw my doctor this morning and felt fine

5/5/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

What medication was it?

And did you happen to see any of the pill in your vomit?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Venlafaxine
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
225 mg

How long have you been taking the medicine and do you still feel nauseous and sick?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
It’s a capsule, and my vomit was pretty red, which is the color of the capsule and I haven’t eaten in 6 hours. I still feel yucky

This medication is usually absorbed by the stomach within 10 minutes. I would not take another dose at this time. Try to eat something and see how you feel.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Ok. Thank u so much. I just upped my dosage about a month ago

My pleasure! Good luck.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Dr. A
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD