Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I’m a 27 year old male. I do routine blood work and urine,

and it always came back...
I’m a 27 year old male. I do routine blood work and urine, and it always came back clean. For the past few months I’ve been experiencing this ache in the middle to upper left region of my back and a tingling sensation alongside bloating and a cramp once I exhale in my upper left abdomen. My doctor and chiropractor both say it’s a muscle strain that wraps around the front to my upper left abdomen. My question is, is this even possible? Could I be suffering from chronic gastritis or ulcers in my stomach?
5/4/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr Rubio
welcome a JA and thank you for your question.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer

How long do you have with this symptoms?

has been under stress?
What is your job?
Do you play sports?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
7 months. I work in an office. No sports. I’m wondering if it can be my left kidney? Not sure what symptoms kidney pain would have

It does not impress a renal pain since the pain is much higher than the location of the renal pain.

Dear friend, for the symptoms that you describe very well, in fact, it is a condition called intercostal neuralgia, these symptoms when they become severe.

just below each all the ribs run nerves, which by the effect of contraction of the muscles intercostal during breathing are compressed and the usual efforts to get up from the bed or chair and even when lifting objects increases its contraction with the consequent compression of the nerves generating this pain and inflammation characteristic of the area, depending on the intensity at some time can even feel that lack of breathing and can extend to the affected arm as a crash or to the stomach, now this is temporary but needs medication and rest, should not lift any heavy object. So you should not be alarmed but stress and anxiety make it worse since it is nerves that are affected.

The best treatment is physical activity, such as yoga, pilates that involves stretching, avoiding staying in the same position for long hours, for example sitting in front of the desk. Since all this prevents muscle contractures from occurring, avoiding neural compression.

I suggest the following medical treatment with analgesic such as Diclofenac 50 mg(1) one tablet every 8 hours for 5 days in addition to a muscle relaxant such as Tizanidine 2 mg (1) one tablet at night for 10 days as it generates a little sleep In addition to intramuscular b12 complex 1 intramuscular a single dose, this will relieve symptoms

It is important to add that spending long hours at a desk will worsen your symptoms, so it is important to stretch during work.
It is advisable to perform a thoracic and cervical spine x-ray to see the state of the spine.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor (MD)