Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have this overwhelming taste of a soapy kind of thing. Can…

Customer Question
I have this overwhelming taste...
I have this overwhelming taste of a soapy kind of thing. Can smell it and nothing I do helps. Sometimes it’s with me for days. Sometimes I don’t have this expierience for months and then it comes back. It’s hard to breathe sometimes. Nobody else can smell or taste it. I’ve went all around my home removing soaps and air fresheners. I’ve looked for source everywhere I can think of looking.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Health
4/2/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD) replied 5 months ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)

Hi

Welcome to just answer

There can be several causes for the abnormal soapy smell in your nose -

- if you are taking anyMedications

- Gastroesophageal Reflux disease (GERD)

- infections and allergies like sinusitis

- Any injury to nose

- poor oral hygiene causing fungal infection or dental infections

- rare causes can be brain tumor, seizure disorder, alzheimer's disease

The commonest causes are usually sinusitis or GERD. I would recommend you to consult your doctor for an evaluation since the symptoms are reoccurring. In the meantime, take lots of fluids, avoid spicy food etc. Taking Prilosec (available OTC) for GERD might also help.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Regards

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Regards