Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I'm post op 3 days, from gallbladder/umbilical hernia

Customer Question
I'm post op 3...

I'm post op 3 days, from gallbladder/umbilical hernia surgery... Today was my first BM since surgery, and it was extremely painful- was nauseous, had a terrible cold sweat while sitting on the commode for 1 1/2 hours in a pain I can only describe as close to childbirth- after the initial BM, I then had diarrhea for a but, then the feces was gone and followed by bloody mucus... Ive been to the commode countless times since this afternoon with the same mucus and blood... Plus my tummy feels uneasy now as well as sore, bloated and bubbly... Should I be concerned...? What should be my next step..? Please help,,,,I feel aweful...! ūüėĘ

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

I have asthma, and I take nexium but haven't taken one since the surgery- I checked my temp earlier, and it's fluctuating between 99.9 and 100.4

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had my appendix out about 28 years ago....and a lapriscopic tubal ligation in '05....no complications... Got the gallbladder out after about a year of watchful waiting,,,,and the hernia I had about 3 years, but wasn't large- I had surgery for a broken leg in '13..

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Health
4/1/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Thank you Doctor.... This pain, and the multiple restroom trips are making me weak-

This need an evaluation either by your surgeon or at emergency room.

This can be due to;

a) adverse effect of medications.

b) infection.

You need a stool culture and may be change of antibiotic (if you are already on some). An ultrasound also is needed for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thanks for the input... The surgeon won't be back until Monday, so I might have to go to the ER.. I feel horrible..

You are very welcome.

I am sorry for your symptoms.

But any blood diarrhea warrant an exam.

Post op diarrhea need further careful evaluation and ascertainment of the cause.

It is privilege assisting you.

Hope you are feeling better now.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.