Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had A very bad case of food poison with mussels and took…

Customer Question
I had A very bad...
I had A very bad case of food poison with mussels and took magnesium citrate I feel great now after pooping all day yesterday. My question is when do I get back to my regular normal stools? I’m pretty regular but I haven’tpooped today. Is this normal ? I’m not in pain but since I am super regular I’m starting to get worried
Thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Health
4/1/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?

When did you have food poisoning?

What symptoms did you have with it?

Did you take any other medicine?

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Stool quantity, consistency & frequency vary with the food intake.
As you passed stool whole day yesterday, the colon may be empty.
So you have not passed stool today.
One day constipation is not worrying unless you feel distension of abdomen, pain in abdomen.
Please take your regular food.
Take plenty of fluid.
It is possible that you will have movement tomorrow.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

I am 40 years old. I had mussels on Thursday afternoon and I felt sick about 2 hours after. Sharp pain in Lower abdomen. I had an incident about a year ago with mussels but forgot about it until I eat and remember the same pain. Last year went to the doctor and the same thing happened. Took magnesium citrate and I went to the bathroom the whole day yesterday. Very loose stool but I felt great. Now I don’t have any pain. I’m just concerned that my movement has not comes back. I am very regular. I eat last night meat and today salmon and in the morning some eggs. I’m just about to eat some broccoli to add fiber and water.

Yes, you can take fiber.

Please take more fluid, water too.

As you do not have pain or any other symptom, please do not worry.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.