Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am a 25 yr old female who has been having episodes of

Customer Question
syncope and brain fog for...
I am a 25 yr old female who has been having episodes of syncope and brain fog for the last two some years I currently just got insurance and had a ct done at my local hospital due to trauma from having another episode in the shower and breaking my toilet with my face. My ct scan reads
Nonspecific low attenuation is noted in the white matter bilaterally, consistent with
age-related small vessel ischemic changes.
The sulci and ventricles are prominent but are in keeping with the patient's stated age.
Vascular calcifications are seen at the base of skull.
My local hospital pretty much said I was stable enough to go home but I needed to see a cardiologist and neurologist. I was also told my ekg was borderline and I had a incomplete right bundle branch block.
I’ve been very exhausted and having brain fog, nausea and overall feel like complete crap. I currently just spoke to another dr who asked if I had anxiety which I do not believe that is the case I have a very happy loving family I have a great job I have no reason to be anxious or stressed about anything other than my passing out episodes. Please if you could give any advice I would appreciate it. I have a eeg coming up and a appointment with. Neurologist in June
Thank you
Amy
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Health
3/31/2018
Health Professional: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 25 days ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., and I can respond shortly.
I hope you are seeing the cardiologist soon. Any bundle branch block seen on ekg, may not indicate heart disease. Your syncopal episodes need to be explained as a heart arrhythmia may be causing the syncope. You need to see a neurologist to clear up what the brain imaging was showing. Thanks again for using Justanswer. The cardiologist should follow your heart rythym with Holter monitor that you keep attached for 24 hours.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I’ve done the heart monitor and the tilt table I failed both and I’m on rx and salt tablets for low blood pressure.
My question is can you interpret my findings on my ct scan in a way that I could possibly understand.
It’s not a normal brain scan. The question, that possibly the neurologist can answer, is whether the findings on the ct scan can cause syncope. Hopefully, the neurologist can explain the findings and what will follow from his information. Thanks for using Justanswer, and there is some good news from your neurologist.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Well what are the findings
You may be having mini strokes.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Interesting. Thank you for your input
You may have a blood clotting tendency to explain all this at your age. I hope you have an appointment soon. You may need a blood thinner to stop the problem.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I go in June
What did your local hospital say was the problem that can wait till June. If you didn’t get enough information about your ct scan, that’s not good medicine.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
They didn’t mention it at all they just said to follow up with a Nero and I requested for my records and got this myself
You need to call the neurologist’ office to find out if they know why the hospital referred you to a neurologist. You have the report on your ct scan, done at the hospital, that shows small vessel “ischemic changes in the white matter”. You might consult an attorney.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Wow is this something that could progress
It could progress. You might take an aspirin twice a day for now.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you for all the information
Health Professional: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 24 days ago
You’re welcome.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)