Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I’ve just recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes with…

Hi, I’ve just recently...

Hi, I’ve just recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes with hyperglycemia about 2 weeks ago and my sugar levels since have been 235 to now 391. It was 197 one time. Even while on the Metformin it’s been really high. Should I go to urgent care tonight with a sugar level of 391?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None of those but I feel fatigue and very weak at times, sometimes blurred vision and constant headache

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

After taking the Metformin I’m nauseous and have bad diarrhea. The headaches come and go daily

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I just have asthma and have had migraines on and off since a teenager

3/28/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hello I'm Dr Chip
I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in just a moment

What's the dosage of your metformin?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok thank you

The dosage of your metformin?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No thank you I don’t have that fee to pay
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
500 mg

The phone call offer wasn't from me an you don't have to accept it

Is that once a day?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Twice a day but my dr just told me to try taking half once a day

OK

No need for the ER right now but you need to call your doctor

I think you need the full 500 mg twice a day

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Even if I have bad side effects from the Metformin?

Well, in that case I'd switch you to glyburide

But just discuss that with your doctor tomorrow

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok thank you for your asvice

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)