Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a question about a symptom that’s worrying me quite a…

Hello I have a question...
Hello I have a question about a symptom that’s worrying me quite a bit. I noticed that I’ve been spitting up very little amounts of blood in my saliva. I thought it was because of my gums but I noticed that it’s coming from my spit in the throat. It’s very little but it’s worrying me quite a bit. I have also been experiencing a dull ache in the middle of my back and a tingling/muscle spasm in my upper left abdomen area. I don’t feel any stomach pain, I don’t have any nausea, and I don’t usually feel bloated or have any excess gas. My stools seem normal, I’ve never noticed them to be black or tarry. But I’m no professional. Any thoughts on what this might be? My parents both had gastritis a few years ago and my mom had ulcers and treated it. I also get a routine blood and urine test done every year, and my last results two months ago came out perfectly fine. I did vomit up blood one time a few months ago after heavily drinking on an empty stomach that night and forced my self to vomit.Any ideas on what I should do?
3/29/2018
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., and I can respond shortly.
I only noticed this after I finished brushing my teeth late at night after laying down for a few hours
Overall, your health appears good. You have a “dull ache” in your back and some muscle fasciculations of the abdominal wall. You mentioned concern about your gums and see some blood in your saliva. Gums can be a source of blood from gingivitis. My advice is to choose to see a dentist and go by that exam to possibly explain your concern.
Since I don’t have any kind of cough at all and I’m getting over a minor cold, do you think it might have been nasal related or blood from gums that got into my throat or even a silent acid reflux agitating my esophagus
Our texts crossed, and bleeding from inflamed gums is a common sign chronic inflammation. Untreated, it can cause loss of teeth.
My doctor listened to my breathing in my last check up and didn’t mention any concern about wheezing or anything. He also said my blood and urine came out fine.
It’s not good to have bleeding from gums. It can harbor bacteria that can spread even to the lining of the heart. It can allow transmission of even hiv from kissing.
I’m going to floss twice a day from now on
Thank you Dr Ted
It’s a good idea to swish ever night with ACT slolution that diminishes bacteria and fluoride in it helps repair of dental surfaces.
Going to go buy it at a cvs/rite aide right now
Ok.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
ultimately you don’t think it’s lung related?