Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I'm having a really bad head ache on my left side temple I'm…

I'm having a really...

I'm having a really bad head ache on my left side temple I'm having a bit of muscle spasms on my left hand keeps twitching I'm indecisive if i should go to the hospital or not

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No that's why I'm worried I've never experienced this before

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also have a tooth ace on my left side

3/28/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask do you have any nausea or vomiting? What is your age and gender? Any numbness or weakness in the limbs?

I'm 22 I'm a female and no vommiing my hand keeps having muscle twitches in having a bit of blur

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

Okay thank you
I have a bit of numbness is my legs

Actually, if you are experiencing blurred vision along with pain on the left side of the temple it is likely that you are experiencing a severe migraine. Females in your age group can commonly experience this sort of pain and it would usually be treated effectively with the use of medications like Imitrex to abort the about attack and if necessary you can be started on medications to prevent further attacks in the future. The twitching can also be a consequence of a migraine as well.

Now if this is the worst headache of your life then the wisest course of action would be to definitely visit the ER and get a CT scan of the brain done. The reason being that usually patients who present as having the worst headache of their lives need to be evaluated for a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Even though it is less likely that you have a SAH given your age and no significant past history, it is still important to rule it out as a cause.

The presence of pain in the teeth and the left side of the temple can also indicate that these symptoms are due to a condition known as trigeminal neuralgia. This is a condition in which the nerve supplying one side of the face and head is damaged and this can lead to sharp stabbing pain in the region. Medications like carbamazepine would be helpful.

Now I would recommend that you do have this evaluated in the ER IF using OTC ibuprofen does not help with the pain or if the pain is worsening with time but the likeliest cause here is a bad migraine.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)