Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Just got a few second opinions about the STD testing they…

Hello doctor, just got a...
Hello doctor, just got a few second opinions about the STD testing they provided this info you're my favorite provider and I respect any opinions you give me can you help me understand the difference in opinions on this subject you know me well so I'd rather deal with you just was wondering what they'd say and btw you're far more prompt than othersAnyway to answer your question, NO ideally these tests should be done after 7-14 days. I usually recommend the tests to be done after 14th day post exposure for the best accuracy of the test. After three days the accuracy is around 78-79% so there is a chance of a false negative test coming back. You can even get tested after 7 days but at 3 days the accuracy is not quite enough to conclusively rule out these
3/27/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

I don't agree in your case--three days was soon enough for a negative test to be accurate

So you really don't need to worry here

Ok because I think about symptoms can show up with 2 days right?

Exactly

Is it possible I got a fungal infection? I remember you said a prostate infection would some of my symptoms be contributed to that? And I remember them saying the white blood cells I'm urine do STDs cause that I wouldn't think so

No, it wasn't a fungal infection

Ok what about?remember you said a prostate infection would some of my symptoms be contributed to that? And I remember them saying the white blood cells I'm urine do STDs cause that I wouldn't think so

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking there?

with the white blood cells in the urine is that from a possible prostate infection or do STDs cause that?

Only a prostate infection could cause that and it's not an STD

Bladder infection too or no? So there are many different infections you can get from oral sex even though it may not be STD related?

Men don't really get bladder infections like women do

But the second part of your question is confusing?

I got an infection of some sort from the oral sex but not all infections are STD related? Is what you're saying or am I off base?

Well first you didn't get any infection of any kind from the oral sex

But a prostate infection is not an STD and it's not from oral sex

But I didn't feel the symptoms until after the oral sex
If I was fine before hand and now I have symptoms something had to pass along

The oral sex was just coincidental--you didn't get an infection from that

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Gotcha thanks doctor
Oh you may have answered this before but white blood cells in urine aren't caused by STDs are they?

No they aren't

Ok

No need for you to worry over this

Will try not too

Good

Last thing doctor another doctor just replied back to me from this morning hours later mind you giving me this feedback he really wasn't open to me and made me feel so though I was bothering him his the last second opinion I got from this morning your thoughts please you're far better with customers than mostHealth Professional
Both be sexually transmitted diseases can cause white blood cells to be showing in the urine.Anal itching is explainable by chlamydia but not Gonorrhea.
27 March 2018 12:15 That's odd I've been told no by other doctors from this site for both
27 March 2018 12:19 Sumanth Amperayani Sumanth Amperayani
Health Professional
Chlamydia is a systemic infection and hence it will cost systemic symptoms apart from the genital area also. Where is gonorrhea though it is a sexually transmitted disease for it to become a systemic disease and cause systemic symptoms like this takes a long time.
This is because chlamydia is an atypical organism.
I told you about the most common scenario. Now I have explained you why I told you like that also.
Hope this helps.
Health Professional
Health Professional
Hope this helps.

Neither chalmydia nor gonorrhea is really a "systemic" disease and neither would cause anal itching

That's odd so many have different views on this subject

That happens sometimes when you ask more than one doctor a medical question

I'm going trust you doc

Thanks