Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had a irregular heart beat all afternoon/ evening and…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a irregular heart beat all afternoon/ evening and my bpm several times has been around 45bpm. Should I go to emergency.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Family history is good. My health has been good. I am on high be meds but my bop has been really good.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
3/27/2018
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 4 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What are your age and gender?

Do you suffer from shortness of breath, weakness, chest pain?

Dizziness, confusion?

Which medicines are you taking?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

I’m female 49 and have been tired and in the last couple days some shortness of breath which I thought were allergy related. No shortness today. Meds are lisinopril 40mg and hydrochlorothiazide 25mg

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, persistently low heat rate below 60 bpm is considered Bradycardia and it should be evaluated if you develop associated shortness of breath, dizziness.

It is possible that over time, high blood pressure can cause damage to the heart that results in a lower heart rate. There also can be a variety of heart conditions that can present as a low heart rate, such as heart block, or a diseased node of the heart that generates the heart rhythm.

A low heart rate can also occur from conditions of other organs that affect the heart, such as hypothyroidism, electrolyte abnormalities.

It would require an appropriate evaluation to determine the cause of the low heart rate. Treatment will need to be oriented towards any other conditions that may be found during the evaluation, and if the problem cannot be corrected, placement of a pacemaker.

I would advise you to see a doctor in an emergency room ASAP.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.