Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Can you help read a shoulder mri? Symptoms include lots of…

Can you help read...

Can you help read a shoulder mri?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Symptoms include lots of pain, range of motion is compromised, pinch like pain, cannot sleep due to pain, dressing is difficult as well as putting on a seatbelt. Sometimes the shoulder is quite swollen. MRI said mild glenohumeral chondromalcia, intermediate intrasubstance

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Of the mytendinous junction compatible with tendinosis, and

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Localized marrow edema in greater tubriosity

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Mri
3/26/2018
dochealey
dochealey, Senior Consultant
Thanks for your question.
I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.
Let me know what exactly you would like to know from me?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am seeing a therapist 2 times a week. While there, she has been performing ultrasound and massage, using heat. 3 times a day I have been completing shoulder exercises along with icing and heating. Advil does not touch the pain.I used to lift weights frequently. Months ago I realized the pain I was having was not due to being sore and noticed that my range of motion was getting worse. That was 3 months ago when I went to the doctor. He referred me to physical therapy.The shoulder is not improving. I would say it is becoming worse. I am unable to use the arm do to pain, stiffness, and weakness. Sleep is almost impossible. The therapist said the my injured arm is half the strength of the other.Am I looking at surgery?
Thanks for the detailed reply.
None of the changes mentioned in MRI are amenable to surgical correction.
Therefore surgical treatment is not indicated at present.
If Physiotherapy is not helping you, a steroid shot into the subacromial space may help decrease the inflammation and associated symptoms.
You may also considered taking a supplement containing Type 1 collagen, mucopolysaccharides and Vitamin C as these have been found to be helpful in alleviating tendinopathies especially when taken early.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
dochealey
dochealey, Senior Consultant
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you.
dochealey
dochealey
dochealey, Senior Consultant