Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have rashes on the inside of the mouth, basically the roof…

Customer Question
I have rashes on...

I have rashes on the inside of the mouth, basically the roof for 3 days now. No fever or anything else, I have difficulty in eating because the salt hurts to swallowing..

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I just have minor sinusitis since I was a child

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Health
3/26/2018
Health Professional: Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD) replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. May I request you to post some images of the roof of mouth rash so that I can see and guide you better. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I have attached a recent picture.. also the inside feels like it’s burnt
Have a little congestion but no cough

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age please?

2. Are you running any temperature please?

3. Do you have any rash anywhere else in the body?

4. Are there any neck swellings please?

5. Is there any pain while swallowing?

6. Any of your contacts is having streptococcal pharyngitis?

This looks like a viral or streptococcal pharyngitis. I suggest you see your physician and get a rapid streptococcal antigen test done. If it is positive then you will require antibiotics. If it is negative then there are 2 options - it might be viral illness and doesn't require antibiotics at all/ or pending throat swab culture you might be started on oral Amoixicillin.

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

I am 38 yrs old.. no other rashes, no neck swelling, a little pain in swallowing, I don’t think anyone has strep throat that I know..
No fever

Hi... Thank you for getting back with the necessary information.

The Rash is typically called palatal patechiae in medical terms. This is very classical finding in streptococcal or bacterial pharyngitis.

I suggest that you go ahead with my above advice regarding the Rapid antigen streptococcal testing.