Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I’ve had some cheat pains, belching, occasional nausea for…

I’ve had some cheat...

I’ve had some cheat pains, belching, occasional nausea for the last three days. Is it gastric related or could it be heart related

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

My mom has had some heart issues. Also, I am overweight

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’m on blood pressure meds. Weigh about 390 at 5’6”, have had kidney stones occasionally, my appendix is removed. If feels better if I stand up and move around a bit. Seems to worsen after food, but it’s not really gone since Friday. I am also on birth control and I’m 41 years old

3/25/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How severe is the pain? Is it radiating to your shoulder? Any breathing difficulties, palpitation, anxiousness? Is it a burning pain? Any acid reflux? Your age?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m 41. I’ve had acid reflux before and there isn’t much of that here, it’s als centered on the left side of my chest though it kinda feels like it radiates a little to my back. Not really my neck and shoulders though. Under my breastbone a little. I am kinda always anxious, but nothing related to this. No difficulties breathing

Thanks for the information.

It does not sound like a heart related problem. Moreover, heart attack would not present like this and not for three days. Your symptoms are most likely due to gastritis/ulcer and your symptoms are consistent with it. You can take OTC prilosec ans see if it helps. You should also avoid foods that may trigger these symptoms. Since your pain is radiating to your back and gets worse after eating, the possibility of pancreatitis should be ruled out as well. Therefore, if Prilosec does not work, visit your doctor for blood test to rule out pancrease problem.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just checking that it booth clutches and burns a little. I tried a teaspoon of baking powder in water and it didn’t do much. I just don’t want to have a heart attack so I’m sorry to keep asking questions

It's a natural way of neutralizing stomach acid and effects are temporary, but it's not as effective as prescrioption meds or prilosec. You should try prilosec or pepto-bismol from OTC. This is for sure not heart attack, heart attack does not last for three days.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor