Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I’m 6 weeks preg and tonight I have been getting these sharp…

I’m 6 weeks preg...

I’m 6 weeks preg and tonight I have been getting these sharp pains on right side in abdomen. Shld I be concerned

Doctor's Assistant: When did the pain begin? Have you used any medication for it?

Just tonight and no meds for it as it’s not that consistently painful just sharp coming and going. And when I rub stomach I belch quite a lot also

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a pediatrician about the pain?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This first time

3/24/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What is your age?

Do you suffer from nausea, vomiting?

Any vaginal spotting?

Is pain getting worse over the time?

Are you taking any medicines?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

I’m 38 and yes I have nausea no vomitting No spotting and it’s not getting worse more like same dull pain or sharp pain on that side And I have Tylenol but didn’t take any. Was worried about ectopic preg
Last year I had a brightened ovum and just worry more now
Blightened ovum
Want to know Shld I go to ER or not

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, I would advise you to visit ER if the pain is not improving.

Possible differential diagnosis may include Intestinal spasms, Gallstone, Ectopic pregnancy, Urinary tract infection.

Still, it's good to undergo an Ultrasound for fetal well being and determine an underlying cause.

Maintain a good hydration.

Urinalysis, serial Beta HCG should be performed.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Thanks

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.