Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I broke out with hives/body rash. Trying to figure out the…

Customer Question
I broke out with...

I broke out with hives/body rash. Trying to figure out the cause. I went to the urgent care. I was given presnisone taper. Took earlier today and a daily claritin

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No other symptoms. I've had a bad cough that I can't seem to get rid off. But other than that just this rash that starts out as blotches and ends up spreading to my whole body

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Cough on and off for couple months. Dx with bronchitis and then tx with 2 rounds of abx

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm just worried about these hives that spread, itch and swell. I took prednisone (40) mg today. It worked all day but now rash starting to spread again

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
3/24/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)

i

Welcome to just answer

I am Dr. Gupta, board certified and practicing since the last 16 years.

Could you give some more information regarding your question

- has there been any change in your diet - oil, nuts, salad dressings etc?

- have you traveled recently?

- any change in skin care products?

- any change in laundry soap etc?

- is there some sort of construction or paint ging on around you?

- are you on any medicines, besides for the hives?

Regards