Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had anal sex and for the past four days my anus has hurt…

Customer Question
I had anal sex...

I had anal sex and for the past four days my anus has hurt and there are some protrusions. This has never happened. It was very rough. What could be the issue?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have had the pain for four days. It comes and goes. It burns and it feels like there is sweat.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I’ve thought that it might be hemorrhoids and I got preparation h today.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Health
3/23/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How old are you? How does the protrusion feels like? Do you feel dragging sensation or difficulty in sitting? Any bleeding after bowel movement?

No bleeding. No difficulty sitting, but a severe discomfort.
I’m 32

Thanks for the information.

It seems like you go hemorrhoids which can present like this. The presence of protrusion and discomfort is consistent with hemorrhoids. You can use the preparation H, it provides rapid, soothing relief from pain, burning, itching and discomfort, shrinks swollen hemorrhoidal tissue and relieves external discomfort. You can also take OTC pain meds and use Sitz bath for ease your symptoms. You would feel better within a week.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Did you get my answer? Please let me know if you have any follow-up question for me.

Hi. About how long will it take to recover?

You would see the recovery gradually within a week or 10 days. You just continue to follow the instruction given in my answer.

Take care.

Dr. Shah

Do you have any follow-up question for me? If not, please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.