Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Went to e r today had blood work. Had taken Claritin and…

Went to e r today...
Went to e r today had blood work. Had taken Claritin and claritin d also had recently had benadryl prepaid and the doctor asked if I had taken methamphetamines. I had had an anaphylactic episode and been in hospital three days duh to lisinipril. Went back e r two days later for high blood pressure as I had n poo t seen my pr up Mary doctor yet to get my blood pressure issues taken care of.
3/23/2018
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Did your doctor do any blood test which showed positive for Methamphetamines?

He said he did because I was having a weird chest pain that started the night I got home from hospital. I try bought it was a bone in my sternum because I have psoriatic arthritous in my sternum and ribs.
Can't really afford that but question bothered me because I take Percocet regularly.
Is that even possible that a drug as that would show up when I did not take anything else.
It's hard for me to believe that it would but my blood pressure was 191/109 I was having a panic attack when I woke up cuz of the pain and shortness of breath from form from a cold.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

The test can be false positive, especially when you had taken Claritin D and Benadryl.

You can challenge the test and get a GC-MS test which is like fingerprint for drugs. It will exactly identify the drug.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

ok I had taken the benadryl for four days twice daily up until yesterday. Would that still been in my blood?

Benadryl stays in the body from 63 to 90 hours of last dose.

Ok I can't remember if I told him about the benadryl but hospital was giving me it to me around the clock for three days and I took what I had here at hom e the next two days. I m not to worried about it now. I will challenge of anything comes from it. Thank you so much.

You are very welcome.

Please do not worry. This would be sorted out as false positive drug tests are common when multiple medications are taken.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)