Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had these itchy bumps on my bottom and it’s really…

Customer Question
I have had these itchy...
I have had these itchy bumps on my bottom and it’s really annoying. What is this? The first pic I put ointment on and that’s why there is white stuff. It was taken last night. Second pic is from this morning. I think it looks better. Not sure
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
3/22/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Did those bumps appear suddenly?

Did you apply any medicine?

I noticed them Monday but my bottom had been itchy before that. I was on my menstrual cycle the week before but this has never happened before. I thought it was a pimple and scratched it open so all I had was toothpaste to dry it out. We are out of town
I don’t ever really look at my bottom so I’m not sure how long they have been there but I was real itchy Monday and looked Tuesday morning at it and noticed it

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The itching, rash can arise from allergy.
But scratching appears to have caused bacterial infection.
You can take Zyrtec or Claritin for itching.
You can apply Neosporin cream to fight infection.
Those are available over the counter.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
Prescription grade medicines can be needed.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

It doesn’t look like genital heroes or anything? The internet said that and I freaked out. My husband and I have been together 25 years and are faithful but back when I was 16 I had a slight case of gentian warts
Does it look like it’s improved in the second pic

Those do not look like genital herpes or wart.
They look different.
Please do not worry.

Second picture shows improvement.

Could my feminine pad have caused this since I was just in my cycle last week?
you are 100% sure not heroes or warts?

Did you use new brand of pad?

No
I just don’t know what would have caused this
One spot is a little red welp too

If the pad remains longer there can be skin irritation.
Sometimes, the cause may not be apparent.
You can try those measures now.
Please use cotton dress & underwear.

That spot may have been caused by scratching.

But you are 100 confident it’s not the other

From the picture you sent, it does not look like the other.

This is from today too
It itches worse when I take a shower too

This looks same.

Please take the tablets.

It would reduce the itch.

I was just trying to show a closer pic to masks sure you did think it was the other
To make sure

Yes, I have seen it.

It does not look like other.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Does this look like it’s healing good? Pic today

Looks better.

It doesn’t look like skin cancer does it

No, it does not look like cancer.