Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My AST level is 185. My ALT is 112. Stomach pain, I have had…

My AST level is...

My AST level is 185

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

My ALT is 112

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Stomach pain, I have had a ct scan, ultrasound and hide a scan on my gallbladder and liver and showed a fatty liver but nothing else but I was diagnosed with H Pylori and that test number was 7.64

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Couple of months now, no vomiting or nausea.

3/21/2018
Connie Pennington

Hello, I am Dr. Pennington. I am a surgeon. I would like to help.

How old are you? What gender?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 34 female

Ok great. Smoker?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Awesome. Are you overweight?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yep, 5’7” and 213 lbs

No worries. Do you take an prescription medications? Any supplements?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yea,
Metformin
HydroDiuril
BuSpar
Parafon ForteAnd right now I just started a PREV PAC yesterday.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Blood work was done before I started the PREV PAC

Excellent.

Being treated for H. Pylori, which is more common in smokers, will help considerably.

I suspect you also have some dysbiosis, or altered normal bacteria in the gut, and you definately will after the antibiotic run.

I would recommend a good probiotic as well.

I can give you some excellent recommendations for a liver detox if you are interested in diet and life style changes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am willing and ready to try anything.

Well, I encourage taking control of anything that we can.

This includes diet, exercise, sleep, spirituality, and loving relationships.

For diet, I highly recommend an Elimination diet. It is detailed by the Institutes of Functional Medicine and is an excellent detox for the liver.

I attached it. Tell me if you got it.

Do you take metformin for Diabetes or PCOS?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Diabetes

Type II? For how long?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
H PYLORI can cause liver enzymes to be elevated like this??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A couple of years now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Type 2 yes

No, liver damage causes elevations in the transaminases. The liver can be damaged from diet and medications mainly.

That is why a detox is so important.

Fortunately it can all be reversed with a good healthy diet, exercise, and quality sleep.

What else can I help you with?

We work for stars, so please rate this question if you found it fast and helpful.

I will still be here for questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they did tell me I had a fatty liver at the Er
What are the liver enzyme levels for a fatty liver?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could this be all those numbers are representing is a fatty liver?

That is a radio-logic finding, on the CT scan or U/S. ALT/AST are factors release when there is a bit of cellular damage due to stress on the liver. The liver has to process medications, and chemicals from junk food (preservatives).

It is easy to turn around.

Yes, those numbers are high but not nearly as high as we usually seen them when there are severe problems.

Your numbers are easy to turn around.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good deal! I’ll defiantly turn this around!

And you can!

Grab an accountability partner, focus on good food, take a long active walk every day.

You are so young, it will turn around fast!

Please accept this answer but I will still be here if needed!

Connie Pennington
Connie Pennington
Connie Pennington
Connie Pennington