Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had an aortic valve replacement one year ago and diagnosed…

I had an aortic...

I had an aortic valve replacement one year ago and diagnosed with Chf. My blood pressure has been consistently high for a few weeks, shortness of breath and swollen of my belly, neck and legs

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Yes there is. I am on 12 mg of coversyl

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My heart is acing at times and showing sign of irregularities at times when I take my bp rat bpreading

3/21/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Are you taking any other medicine?

Is the swelling of legs, abdomen increasing?

When did you see your doctor last?

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.

I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Swelling of legs, abdomen can occur from CHF.
Shortness of breath can occur too.
However, racing heart with irregular beats can be from tachyarrhythmias.
Those can worsen your condition.
It needs to be controlled along with high blood pressure.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
Repeat EKG, echo, Holter would be needed.
You will likely need new medicines & adjustment of doses.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Please reply in this link.

Did you have any test there?

Did you notice any improvement after increasing lasix?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. He ordered an ultra sound to be done but it hasn't been booked as of yet. I haven't noticed much difference with increasing lasix. My rehab case worker has informed me that I am in heart failure relapse.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am talking a little better though, so,it seems. My breathing somewhat easier

Other water pill or diuretics can be added.

Adjustment of doses of perindopril can be needed.

Please have the ultrasound & discuss with your doctor.

All those measures would make you symptom free.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on 12mg Coversyl, 80mg diuretic, 50mg metoprolol
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What will an ultrasound show?

Ultrasound of abdomen will show whether there is enlargement of liver, collection of fluid in abdomen.

Ultrasound of heart or echo will determine the ejection fraction, chamber size.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What if I had heart failure relapse thruout last week, but gradually improving from medication, will the ultra sound confirm recent negative activity

Ultrasound will show the value or state of today.

Previous one may not be noticed.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)