Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had a bicycle crash last Monday. Went to Er then to

I had a bicycle...

I had a bicycle crash last Monday. Went to Er then to Orthopedic surgeon. I know I have 4breaks in my clavicle and am waiting for surgery to be scheduled. But tonight my chest under my right breast is hurting like crazy. Feel like someone stepped on my chest. It hurts through to my back. I can breathe and rig on Thursday looked fine. Should I worry? This really hurts.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been using any medication since the surgery? How severe are any complications?

Haven’t had surgery yet. Taking Tylenol w codine

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything besides Tylenol for this?

Just took 2 500 mg tylenol

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don’t think so. Today is the first time my chest has hurt at all

3/20/2018
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Are you overweight?

Nausea, bloating, flatulence?

Loss of appetite?

Pain and tenderness in the upper right side of the abdomen?

Do you feel pain in the chest during deep breathing, cough?

Have you undergone Chest X-ray also?

Any other medical history?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks

64
5’8” - 203
No
No
No, behind right breast
Yes
No

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, such sudden intense pain can be associated with either a bruised rib, Gallbladder stone/ Liver disease.

You can do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and warm compresses with a heating pad.

Also, take OTC Zantac now and Motrin after 4 hours as you had just taken 2 Tylenol.

If the pain is unbearable then visit an emergency room ASAP.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Thank you.No further help needed.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)