Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Can you take Keflex and Bactrim together. None it's for a…

Hi can you take...

Hi can you take Keflex and Bactrim together

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None it's for a reddened area on the top of someone's foot who has edema in one foot

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Heart medications for pre heart failure CHF currently taking metoprolol and lisinopril

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Patient has muscular dystrophy

3/19/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr Rubio
welcome a JA and thank you for your question.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer

Dear *****ient, if you can take them together, but I suggest you take them at least 1 hour apart because they are antibiotics, since they do not affect stomach acidity. I also suggest starting daily with a gastric protector such as Omeprazole 20 mg daily while using antibiotics.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

ok
Patient was at family physician last Monday who prescribed Keflex three times a day, patient was at emergency room this past Thursday, they did a Doppler study of the leg and there was no abnormalities found, did a Doppler of the swollen reddened area on top of the foot, there is no abscess noted. Doesn't seem to be much of an improvement with elevation and foot soaks and both antibiotics.
hi

Do you have a fever, pain?
Is the foot warm?

No pain no fever foot is only mildly warm normal to the touch

Due to the symptoms that you mention in this case, a superficial infectious process such as cellulite is impressed, the treatment with Keflex is very good.
It should be kept for 7 days and should be evaluated 72 hours after starting the antibiotic.

Okay thanks maybe a visit to the primary doctor is in order again ASAP

Its has been a pleasure.

I wish your family member a speedy recovery.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Edgar Rubio Villegas