Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

If you have bumps like this on the side of your tongue is…

If you have bumps like...
If you have bumps like this on the side of your tongue is that strep? I don’t have a fever but my tongue hurts which make that whole side hurt
3/18/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hi

No, that's not strep

But tell me more about what's going on

I have the same bumps on the top of my tongue in the back

How long has your tongue been sore?

Can you see them on the back of my tongue
Noticed it some yesterday but more today
What are these bumps

Those are all papillae--taste buds

Some of them are a little larger than usual

But that wouldn't be causing your tongue pain

That could be an indication of either anemia or vitamin B12 deficiency so you need to have your doctor check for those with blood work

But you don’t think it’s strep bumps
Can you see all of them? He side of my tongue and the top
It makes my throat feel sore

Yes--I can see them all

But this isn't strep

What can I do to make them go away or not feel like this? So those bumps on the back of my tongue are normal

Yes--those are normal

For now you can use Lanacaine oral spray. or Oragel, and zinc lozenges

What makes steel bumps differ? These are white too

Just a little inflammation but not any kind of infection

How can you tell them apart

I don't quite understand that question?

How can tell these bumps from strep bumps

Well strep doesn't infect the tongue in any way--there are no such things as strep bumps of the tongue

Only on the throat itself then

Yes--just the throat

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
I requested you for a new question but someone else answered. Can you see it and make sure you agree

Sorry but right now the search engine for your questions isn't working

Could you give me the link to that?

What is the link? Where

Just cut and paste that question page to this page

http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/63c34b9cefaa4aa7b72b2f77d3ca61f3?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=False&ratedThroughEmail=False&rating=0&paymentType=Unknown

Got it

I agree with that expert

it’s definitely not the genital herpes or warts then? Just a bad skin irritation

Definitely not genital warts or herpes

Thank you

My pleasure

you could see the pics right

Yes

This is a current pic. Is this normal healing

Yes--that's normal

It just looks so bad...
Does it look better than the first pic from the other day
Still here?

Yes it looks better

How long will it take to heal

Probably about two weeks

Can I ask one more question about that spot? Does this look like a skin cancer? It’s itchy most of the time is why I ask. These are pics from today

No--not any kind of skin cancer

Does it look like Iran healing good
Look like it’s
Pic today

Yes it's healing well