Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I too am having chills and severve shaking, this the 3rd…

I too am having...

I too am having chills and severve shaking, this the 3rd day. I went to the doctor today and she did a flu swab which was negative .

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Fever, no rash

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

She also did blood work and my bad was slightly elevated

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

White blood cell count was slightly elevated

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Do you have any other symptom? How is temperature?

How is urine?
Any other past illness?
Did you have any other test?
Did doctor prescribe any medicine?

Female 68 no rash fever but only at night
I had bronchitis a few months ago

Did you have any other test besides Flu test & CBC?
Did doctor prescribe any medicine?

No medication, just tylenol

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There can be a few causes for the feeling.
This can be due to an infection.
A number of infections can cause it.
This can be bacterial or viral infection like flu, gastroenteritis.
The flu test has come negative.
Common cold virus can be there.
It usually subsides in 3-5 days.
High WBC count can be from infection.
Some other conditions can cause such symptoms too.
Another common cause is urinary infection where you can have chills without any change in urine.
A collection of pus can cause these symptoms.
You can wait & watch now.
Try to use blanket or keep the room heated by room heater.
If you feel rise in temperature, Tylenol can be taken.
Please take plenty of fluid.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
A few tests like urine, CBC can be taken.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)